The other day, I was “flipping” through the channels, and landed on an old movie I had never seen before. In it, the man and wife had each bought a newspaper, with the intention of completing a the crossword puzzle; each without the others’ help. The wife worked away at hers, thinking aloud…while the husband tried to woo her with his answers. It went like this…”A four letter word for beautiful…Sara. A four letter word for wonderful…Sara. A four letter word for magical…Sara.” You get the idea. But it made me think…we could do the very same thing with Jesus.
- A 5 letter word for “Love”….Jesus
- A 5 letter word for “Master”…Jesus
- A 5 letter word for “Truth”…Jesus
- A 5 letter word for “Healer”…Jesus
- A letter word for “Grace”…Jesus
- A 5 letter word for “Mercy”…Jesus
- A 5 letter word for “Intercessor”…Jesus
- A 5 letter word for “Shepherd”…Jesus
- A 5 letter word for “Life”…Jesus
- A 5 letter word for “Hope”…Jesus
- A 5 letter word for “Teacher”…Jesus
12. A 5 letter word for “Sacrifice”…Jesus
And on and on it goes. Everything good. Everything wonderful. For as His Word says…He IS called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace…and so much more! Alpha and Omega, King, Deliverer, Forgiver…so many things…wrapped up in Jesus! Think about it…and let me know what you come up with. But I do know this…there’s NOTHING we can come up with that HE cannot handle. Even as he was speaking to His disciples He said, “In the world you will have trials and tribulations; but be of good cheer. I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)He is capable of overcoming any problem we can come up with. Anything. Just give it over to Him.
“Dear Lord, thank you for all that you are, and all that you do. Help me to remember that there is NOTHING you can’t handle! Amen.”